Thursday, May 8, 2008

Self Portraits



















Self Portraits


In the self portraits what I was trying to capture and express is mixed feelings of how I feel. My ideas changed numerous of times. When I started taking pictures it was difficult for me because I am used to taking a normal picture. As I kept taking pictures I started to get more focused with the idea of what we were doing. What I was trying to capture in my photo is element, light, rule of thirds, and personal prop. The photo I thought was most creative was the one I took on top of the stadiums at the top in the back was the door was. It is the most creative because I honestly never took a picture like that because it isn’t a normal picture, in that picture it expresses the way I feel because the way I’m looking. The thing that was most difficult for me is taking a different picture from the usual I take. The creativity plays into the success of your self-portraits because it helps people take better pictures then a normal picture.
In my photos we were told that are photos needed good contrast, good value, and a strong emphasis. I did all of that in my photos. In my light photo I tried to find an area with good lighting so my picture could capture the light I was trying to use. The one when I’m sitting on the wall shows a lot of composition. In that photo I’m expressing a lot of filling. The picture that I captured rule of thirds is the one when I’m on the stairs bending over. I’m not directly in the center of the camera the stairs are. The type of things I did to compositionally strengthen my pictures is I took my pictures in a different area other then knowing that we were at are school so the picture could be different from the photos taken in before. The things I did that weekend my compositionally is expressing the way I feel. The portrait that had the strongest was the one I took standing up bending back. The portrait I would change my composition on is the picture I took sitting in the desk the photo I showed my personal prop.
In one of my photos the one when I was in the stairs is too bright. I was basically trying to capture light and I feel I captured to much light. I think my personal prop one is a little blurry. My weaknesses are taking rule of third pictures and my strengths is taking light photos.
My overall opinion of my portraits is I believe I could have taken better photos. What I would different if had to do it again is I would take clearer and better light pictures.

No comments: